How to Do Pullups with Proper Form
Pull-ups may be one of the hardest exercise ever! well, at least for me...
here are some easy ways that you can learn how to do a proper pull-up and achieve your pull-up dominance.
If you can’t do a single Pullup, try Chinups. Grip the bar with your palms facing up, this is easier. If you can’t do a Chinup either, do negatives. Jump up over the bar and lower yourself slowly. You can also use a resistance band or spotter to help you on the way up. But don’t use machines.
Here’s how to do Pullups with proper form:
- Grab the pullup bar with your palms down (shoulder-width grip)
- Hang to the pullup-bar with straight arms and your legs off the floor
- Pull yourself up by pulling your elbows down to the floor
- Go all the way up until your chin passes the be bar
- Lower yourself until your arms are straight
If you lack the strength to do one Pullup, do negatives. Get your chin over the bar by standing on the bench or the safety pins of your Power Rack. Lower yourself slowly and then jump up again for the next rep. You can also loop a resistance band around your leg to help you up. Or you can ask someone to help you by holding your legs. But don’t use assisted Pullup machines. The best way to get stronger at Pullups is to do Pullups.
Read more https://stronglifts.com/pullups/